Thursday, August 9, 2007

I think we have an inventor on our hands!

Junior is into everything. He wants to know how everything works. I picture him being an Engineer of some sort. He already counts to at least 13!

Karen - Diamond IS at the AFAA house but unfortunately I am not and they do not seem anxious to take us there again. I feel bad because I told the kids I would be back today, but this did not happen.

Visa update - we went for the interview and the VISA37 is still not there. The woman seemed optimistic about being able to use the original I171-H. The policeman that found Junior came to the interview and they separated us and first asked me questions about what I had been told about how Junior came to the orphanage. Then they asked him questions. The woman said she would need to verify his story as well as try to find the VISA37. She knows I am scheduled to leave on Wednesday and said she would expedite the process. No committment. Nadime and Jessie seemed optimistic. Let me just say they are not that well verused in the process. They are somewhat confused by the paperwork. Jessie the got out of the car and left with the police officer and Samuel (driver) returned us to the hotel. I do not even have a contact # for Jessie. I guess we wait.

I'm very sorry that I have not yet spent any time with your kids and I fear I will not get to. If I do not get to go back to the house, on the last day give Jessie the letters and cards I was given but I do not know for certain what she will do with them. Hang in there everyone!

4 comments:

Richardson Family said...

Valerie;
It seems like it will all work out. So glad you are finally with your son!
Sue

Anonymous said...

Thanks Valerie for finding out if Diamond is at the AFAA house. Cheryl told me Diamond is a nick name and her real name is Angeline. Cheryl also said she would get a hold of Jessie to tell her to have you take a picture. Maybe this will mean Jessie will have to take you back to the AFAA house and you can get pictures of all the kids!! Can't wait to hear more. I bet your loving being with Junior:)!
Karen

Anonymous said...

We're so happy for you Valerie! Everything will work out. At least you got to hold your son and you have him with you!
The Tisto Family

Tammy said...

Val and Mom:
So glad to hear you both arrived safely, and that you finally have Junior (Akins) with you.
I wonder why your reception at AFAA has been so strange. Do you think with parents arriving one after the other the children are becoming less manageable? Or could it be when the parent arriving is not their parent the kids are showing signs of disappointment to the AFAA house staff. Perhaps the staff believe they are sparing the children from disappointment when it's not them who will leave this time?
I'm happy you're getting to know your son. What does Mom think of all of this?
Believe all will work out, and I know that it will. Post pictures as soon as you can we want to hear it all and see it all.
Love ya, Tammy