Friday, August 10, 2007

Here we are!

Everything is fine but still no word from the Embassy. Cheryl has been working with the State Department and I feel pretty confident that it will work out. But hate the fact that it is the weekend and NOTHING will happen now.

Junior is doing well. The biggest problem is keeping him entertained in the small hotel room. He has been a jewel. He has not cried once only wimpered a couple of times when he didn't get his way, but mostly just plays and chatters to "Mommy" or "Grandma" the whole time. I was afraid he didn't talk WRONG he talks all the time!

We have chartered a taxi to take us downtown tomorrow to shop. It will be a quick trip as I feel it is dangerous but we need to get him more clothes as I did not expect him to be with us the whole time. The Royal staff has been very helpful.

Sharon - I would NOT recommend bringing Tim. To exit the plane they in Monrovia you disembark on the tarmack and must come down 20 stairs or so. Also, with the rain everything is slippery and the ground is very uneven. The baggage area I fear he would get knocked down it is very crazy.

Okay, I'm going to try to post. I hope this works!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Val:
He really talks huh....and does he smile all the time now that he really has you and Mom there with him? I want pictures, and know it's got to be really frustrating that the internet service is not cooperating. Hang in there I love reading your posts. Love ya Tammy

Jessica said...

I am so excited for you Val. It is fun to get to hear about his personality. He seems so delightful and a handful--but the ones that have the potential to change the world always are! jess