Friday, December 21, 2007

Letter to Santa for my MUAA Sisters

Here is my version of the letter to Santa inspired by the email from Lisa earlier.

Dear Santa,

Becoming a new mother of an adopted African child has challenged me on several occasions to remain a good girl this year. Like the time when I had to remove my child kicking and screaming from a store after he had thrown his coat several times, poked holes in the meat packages with his fingers, and told me “NO” defiantly. Despite many challenges like these I do feel I have been a good girl.

My wish this year is pretty simple…

• I wish for the light switch to remain in the position I placed it, at least a couple of times a day.
• I wish to not have to wrench the flusher on the toilet out of his hands every time we enter any bathroom.
• I wish for just 10 minutes each day to elapse without hearing the bleating cry “Mommy come”.
• I wish to be able to take a shower or use the toilet without an audience.
• I wish that the term Mommy-O could be used in a fun manner and not just in the midst of shear meltdown as I would find this endearing and quite cute under the proper circumstances.
• I wish for all hand dryers to be made the same in public restrooms to eliminate the curiousity as this would be a definite time saver for me.
• I wish that I could stand and walk without having to drag my child with my body or feet. I realize this may be a tall request and so I would even be happy to simply have him stop clinging to my butt and pulling on my clothes.
• I wish for more singing and dancing and less meltdowns.
• I wish on two nights of every week to sleep in my bed and he in his all the way through the night. Even one would be okay if this is too much to ask.
• I wish for my MUAA sisters who have already brought their children home to be granted all of the above too as I am certain they would be oh so grateful. For those that are still in the process I wish for them to be spared the need to develop this list next year.

Mostly, I wish for him to be happy with his new home and new family.

Enjoy your trip this year and be safe!

A loving mother of an African Angel.

1 comment:

Richardson Family said...

Perfect, ditto, can you send it on my behalf too!!
Love it! Great work.