Sunday, December 16, 2007

"Mommy it's no dark"

Today began like most weekend days. Akins wakes first and immediately states "Mommy it's no dark". Today he proceeded to get up, go over and turn off the closet light as if to prove the fact that it is no longer dark and therefore we should not be sleeping. I look at him and said "where are you going"? He says "Doria" this means Lorea and he is off to wake her, as once again I have been summoned to his room sometime in the middle of the night. I crawl out of his bed and follow him and find him peering outside to which he immediately states "I want to ride the snow". All very cute in his Liberian accent. I said "well go tell her". Off he runs and as I climb back into my bed he begins waking Lorea. I said "well tell her". "Doria, I want to ride the snow". Now that got her attention. "What"!? she says. Needless to say before it could even reach 8am we were bundled in snow gear and bouncing around the backyard on the sled.



No comments: