Thursday, April 10, 2008

Similarities

I have meant to post this for a while to post this conversation because it was so sweet but I keep forgetting to get it on and at one point I actually thought I had already done it. Anyway, here it goes...

Akins: "Mommy, I'm black"?
Mommy: "Yes? What color is Lorea"?
Akins: Ponders for a moment studying her..."yellow".
Mommy: "Okay, what color am I"?
Akins: Ponders again studying me this time. "pink/yellow".

This is all very funny as Lorea's father is Hispanic and her mother is White so yellow is a pretty fair assessment. I am kind of fair skinned, but tan well so again pretty good. I'm not really sure what he is doing with all of this or what has sparked the conversation so I continue.

Mommy: "Let me show you something. Turn your hand over". I put our palms next to each other "see the same, let me see you feet". Again, I line the bottoms of our feet up. "See, we are all pink on the inside". This invoked a smile from him and no more questions since.

1 comment:

The Pasquinelli Family said...

Jack Matthew says we're both the same, too! :) Too cute, aren't they?