Saturday, April 5, 2008

Mohawk In, Training Wheels Out, Mommy-O Rides, Jacob and Mardia phone

A fun filled day today. After swimming lessons I went Mom's to mow the lawn and while I was gone Lorea and Akins got busy with the hair clippers. The Mohawk is back.

Last night while skateboarding I asked Akins if he wanted his training wheels off of his bike. He said yes so we took them off. Today was the first day without them. Training wheels be gone!

Okay, Lorea wanted this whole skateboard thing in the garage and bought me a skateboard so I could enjoy it too. I haven't riden a skateboard much since I was eight years old and my parents moved onto a farm where there were no sidewalks or paved roads to ride on. Things have changed a bit about the design of boards too. When I was a kid they were thin and short and the trucks (wheels) pivoted making turning very easy by merely leaning in the direction you wanted to go. Now the concept is to kick the tail to make the turn or basically lifting the front wheels off the ground. Anyway, after one week this is what you get. Not bad if I do say so myself.

We took Mom out to dinner after she has been house bound since surgery. She saw some commercial about a steak and the craving began. Anyway, on the way home Jacob and Mardia called Akins. Here is what I got from the conversation:
Jacob: Akins?
Akins: Jacob?
Jacob: Akins, hello I love you.
Akins: Where's Kurker?
Jacob: Kurker is in America now.
Akins: America? In Africa?
Jacob: No, Kurker is not in Africa, he is in America
(somehow the talking went to singing - not sure what happened)
Jacob: singing - can't make out what>.
Akins: singing - the itsy bitsy shider (no not a typo, he says shider)
Mardia:singing - the itsy bitsy spider
Akins: Boom, dee boom, dee boom,
Mardia: Boom, boom, dee boom
Lorea: singing- Baby, where'd you get that mohawk from?
Akins: singing - I got it from my mama, I got it from my mama
(If you listen to pop/rock or a little rap you will understand the above a lot better)
Jacob & Mardia: laughing
(this goes on for a while)
Jacob: Akins, I love you bye bye be good
Akins: Don't pee pee your pants
Jacob: laughing- Okay, bye bye
Akins: Bye chicken



2 comments:

The Googeg's said...

All right Val! Skateboardin' Mama.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

very impressive Val
Patricia