Thursday, April 3, 2008

Progression

Every once in a while I feel like no progress is ever made and then something beautiful happens. Here is a beautiful moment...

As I have shared Akins is going through a pants wetting period every day is an unknown. He can go several days - great and then pee pee. I had gone on a trip again and while delayed at the airport for endless hours I wondered into a children's store and bought him a RC airplane. When I got home it was late and he was in bed so I saved it for the next day. When I dropped him at school I told him I had a surprise for him if he was a good boy today. We do high five and off I go. Fast forward to end of day. I go to pick him up and he says "Mommy I no pee pee my pants". Another high five. I asked, "What did I tell you"? He's thnking. He says "I'm a good boy". "Yes, you're are a very good boy, but I told you I have a surprise". Smiling big! So, I pull it out and open the box for him to play with on the way home. Need to add batteries so at this moment it is just something to look at. He has many questions, what's this, what's that and then the beauty..."Mommy, thank you for getting this for me".

Now, that is progress!

1 comment:

Richardson Family said...

so nice, I can hear him saying it, can't wait to see him!