Monday, October 8, 2007

The dreaded doctor appointment - tomorrow

We continue to try to convince Akins that a new belly button would be an excellent idea. We tell him his shirts will fit better, his pants will fit better, he will have more room for chicken in his belly (I really thought that would seal the deal)etc. He is still not keen on the idea. We have not told him they will be looking at another part of his body as I can't come up with really great reasons why this should be happening too. Well at least not ones I think he will understand or is old enough to hear about. Is that bad? I almost feel like I am lying to him by omission, but also think talking about it creates anxiety that is not necessary. I would like to thank everyone for their well wishes and good vibes as we take off tomorrow for yet another "lay down and let me look at you" episode of hands and legs kicking and screaming. I think I need a sedative!

1 comment:

Nodler-Morris Zoo said...

Hope all goes well tomorrow. Bribery can be a good thing! We'll be thinking of you.