Friday, October 5, 2007

The concept of a new belly button

Well, as we approach Tuesday I have been trying to figure out how to get Akins buy in on the next doctor appointment. So, I have been asking him if he would like a belly button like Mommy's. Initially, he said yes. Then I said "okay, let's go next week and find out about it". He vehemently said "NO"! The next day when I picked him up from day care he was pushing on his belly button (hernia) saying it hurts. It doesn't, but he suddenly is aware of it being different. So, again I asked if he wanted it to be flat or small like Mommy's. By the way small is a big thing with him. He will say "I want a small drink of water" or "Turn the water on small" and he does this in a very funny voice, while holding his hands up with his fingers pinched depciting a small amount. So, I thought having a "small" belly button might do the trick. Again, at first he was agreeable but then when I said we would have to go see about it, he said no. Great - Tuesday ought to be a real good time!

1 comment:

Richardson Family said...

We'll be thinking about you on Tues.! Keep us posted!