Saturday, September 8, 2007

Recap - The weeks funniest moments

#1 - Akins was playing outside and decided to grab the tree limb that hangs low to the ground. He shook it because there were caterpillars on it then completely freaked out when he realized that they may have fallen on him. Lorea had him convinced they were on his head on around his neck. Even hours later he still runs if you make him think so.

#2 - At the beginning of the week Akins saw his first wild turtle (the big ones at the zoo don't count). It was casually walking through the yard. We proceeded to look at it hold it and think it peed on him because of the water they store in the shell. He thought the turtle had a rock on his back trying to make him understand that turtles have shells is not the funny part. Today, he comes running in an grabs me Mommy, hurry Mommy BIG TURTLE he says. So, I proceed to go with him thinking there is another turtle in the yard that must be bigger than the one we saw the other day. I nearly laughed my butt off when I realized the turtle he had found was a statue that sits beside the Koi pond. He thought it was real and I had to try to explain to him what a statue is and why on earth anyone would have such a thing.

#3 - The school had a clown come this week. I asked Akins if he liked it and he proceeded to tell me the clown had big hair, big shoes, big eyeballs, and big yellow teeth. I don't know about you but that is about how I picture clowns. Never did really like them.

#4 - Lorea has a pretend sneeze that she does and it she makes a noise that sounds like a horn she'll do it spontaneously and the first time she did it Akins - jumped with a start and said "Oh" real loud. Now, we can almost predict that the "Oh" will come as it scares him every time and it is almost like he thinks it is inappropriate. It cracks us up every time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Valerie - I really enjoy your blog entries. I would love to see a picture of that haircut!! He sounds like a real sweetie!

Sally