Monday, August 20, 2007

The funny, sweet and sad moments

Funny - So we are out shopping and Lorea got out of the car to go into a store. Akins, Mom and I waited. Suddenly Akins starts whimpering that he had dropped his rubber band down the side of the seat. I told him to wait and when Lorea got back she could find it. Lorea comes back and I tell her to look beside his seat to find the rubber band. She looks and says I don't see it and then he starts giggling - he has it in his hand. Funny little trick. He does this type of thing a lot!

Sweet - One night in Monrovia Junior was crying as I was trying to get him to lay down to sleep and he was rolling around and kicking and pulling at me. I asked him if he wanted me to hold him, he said "yeah" in his deep little voice. He climbed on top of me and laid his head on my shoulder legs wrapped around mine. This is how we go to sleep each night after a story book. In the middle of the night he reaches for my hair and grips it gently squeezing three to four times - I guess making sure I am still there.

Sad - Went to the doctors today and had to get shots. He cried after the first one - had to have three in total. He was angry at me and would not hold my hand again until we got to the parking lot and I let him throw his lollipop stick down the big hole with the grate covering it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Val,
Just wanted to let you know that I've been following your blog and it just about makes me cry every time (in a good way!). Best of luck to you and Akins.
Take care,
Teresa Brockman

Anonymous said...

My kids screamed at shots! It's still a bad memory. The meat thing is a hit with us too. It looks like he is doing great and you are a great Mom. I hope you are enjoying almost every second.