Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Junk Food

Today I needed to stop and get gas on the way home. Directly across the road was the "evil" Arby staring us in the face. Lorea says "Is it bad that I want Arby's". I told her to think about it while I was pumping the gas. I get back in the car and we are off for the 5 for $5.95 special. $12.91 later we are off to pick up Akins. When he gets in the car we show him the Arby's bags. The conversation then goes like this.

Akins: "What's that".
Mommy: "Junk food".
Lorea: "Smell it".
Akins: "That's not junk food"
Mommy: "Oh yes it is. It's bad for your body but tastes so good".
Akins: "You teasing"?

We get home and lay out our feast. The conversation continues...

Mommy: "Akins, you like junk food"?
Akins: "It's not junk".
Mommy: "What do you think junk is"?
Akins: "Trash".
Mommy: "Very good, so this is called junk food because it is bad for our bodies but it tastes soooo good". It's like putting trash in our bodies".
Akins: "Oh, I like junk food".



Mommy:

No comments: