Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Chicken Dance and The Hokey Pokey

Today we went to Oktoberfest in Tulsa. We have never gone before but it looked like fun with the usual food, rides, games and crafts. Well, some of these folks take it seriously getting all dressed up in German or Irish wear and the dancing and music is abundant. As you all have seen Akins loves to dance, and sing for that matter, but recently he has started to get a bit shy which I am disappointed about. Today I learned it is simple to bring him back to his roots of song and dance all we need to do is seek out an Irish or German festival. I had no idea that the Chicken Dance or the Hokey Pokey was such a big deal! Let's just say that after at least 42 times of doing each of these songs I think Akins almost has it and now I too am over being shy about dancing in public. Of course it is at moments like these I am both disappointed (for Akins) and grateful (for me) that we did not bring the camera. Ahhhh - next year!

No comments: