Monday, December 31, 2007

Domestic Re-Adoption Update

Well, this phase of the journey has been additionally frustratiing although not as frustrating because at least I know my child is well, receiving medical care, eating good food and drinking clean water. My attorney which I cautiously chose despite a higher rate, decided to take a job at the DA's office and failed to inform me that I had been passed not once but twice around like a football to other attornies in her families law firm. WHAT!!!! I figured all this out when I started being my irritating self and demanding to know what the hell was going on. As a result of all of this nonesense a court date was not established in December but is now set for January 14 at 1:30pm. If all goes well the judge will sign seal and deliver on that date. I have to appear and it should be a done deal. This whole experience leaves me cautious to be hopeful until all is done and the documents are safe in my hands. Only then will I finally be able to apply for a SS number and then finally a U.S. passport.

No comments: