Sunday, November 4, 2007

Sushi - Pet Stores - Kurker

The past few days have been filled with some fun things and lots of talk about Kuker. On Thursday I was out of town and so Lorea seized the moment to take Akins for Sushi to see if he likes it. Anyone who knows me very well knows that I want nothing to do with fish or any type of seafood especially any that might be raw. Lorea was hoping to have a Sushi partner. Well, boy did she get it!! She told me Akins ate 20 Sushi rolls of various types and when I got home on Friday we were going to go out to dinner with Mom at the local hole in the wall until Akins starting saying he wanted... he wanted... couldn't remember what it was called but was quite clear on what he wanted so much so that he almost cried at the loss of words to ask for it. Next thing I know we are on our way to Tulsa for Sushi - damn, I'm still on the hook. Lorea was thrilled she even got Mom to try it!

Then yesterday we took Akins to the PetCo. With four dogs we buy a lot of dog food and I will only buy the good stuff for them. Anyway, while there it was like being at the zoo with all the small animals and then we came to a lizard. Akins began to recount a story of Kurker having a lizard "in his room at his house". When I inquired further it was the house with the blue gate where you honk to get in. Sure enough this is the AFFA house. Since then Akins has spoken of Kurker a lot. Just a few minutes ago he said he wanted to go to his house. I said "we are at your house", and he said "no your other house". So, I asked about the blue gate where you honk and he said "yeah". I said "what will you do there" and he said "I want to play with Kurker". Bitter sweet!

1 comment:

Nodler-Morris Zoo said...

Okay, first I am totally with you on the whole seafood thing. YUCK! Our kids love it though so Lori takes them to eat seafood. I cannot even fathom sushi.
It was good to hear about Kurker. I cannot wait until he and Gormah are home and we can get them together with AKins. That will be a happy day!