Thursday, November 8, 2007

All the firsts are sooooo rich!

The last couple of days the temps in Oklahoma have dipped below freezing. This would usually be an event that would like of set me off into a bad mood because I am a warm weather gal and winter is not necessarily a good thing for me, but for the firsts...

Lorea is out of town all week and I am playing single mom which means getting both me and Akins ready every day (usually somewhat of a shared task), putting the dogs out in the barn for their day and all that goes with getting the day going. Here's the scene... we head off with cookies (dog treats) in hand to take the dogs out to the barn and I note that the grass is frosted over so I point it out. The face is priceless, the smile, the alarm and puzzlement, the realization that our foot prints show on the grass and finally all of the questions. The point to which he touches it and realizes it is cold. Then the car window is frosted over and the wipers don't even wipe it off. He says, "Mommy, it's cold". Yeah, I know!

Then today again it is cold and following our daily ritual we trek off to take the dogs out. I was talking to him about something, probably that I would beat him there a game we play often and I realize that my breath shows in the air. So, I show him the "smoke" coming out of my mouth and then ask him to try it. Again, the face is priceless, the smile, the alarm and puzzlement, and finally all of the questions always follow. The same thing happens as we go to the car as today I decided to start the car before taking him out because it truly is cold. As we are going out to the car and he passes behind it he notices the exhaust coming out the tail pipe and exclaims "Mommy, see"! I think he thought the car was on fire. Again, Priceless!

No comments: