Friday, October 19, 2007

Recovery update....

Sorry such a gap but it has been more complicated that we anticipated. The hernia needed a little more work and time so the overall process took longer. We are home and recovery is rough. He is really in pain over the circumcision which is opposite of what I expected. To compound things I have to travel out of state overnight on Tuesday. I am very distressed right now. He has pain meds but is still unable to tolerate anything against him. I think everyone knows what happens when a baby boy pees with no diaper on. We are supposed to apply an antibiotic twice a day - yeah right! We have our hands full and I think we will have for the next few days. The post-placement study is still scheduled for Sunday and I am completely stressed about that as well. He may just lay there with everything hanging out. More to come.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Valerie,
If I were you I wouldn't worry so much about the post placement.
I think the social worker should be impressed that you took care of Junior's medical problem in such a timely manner.
Take care.
Hope Akins feels better real soon.
Patricia

Nodler-Morris Zoo said...

Val and Lorea,

The upside is that this is a wonderful lesson for Akins to know you will take care of him and always be there for him.

My heart breaks for him. I hate he has to be in so much pain.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you. Hang in there