Monday, October 15, 2007

Pre -Op Visit Goes Surprisingly Well

Akins started in with "I don't want to go to the doctor at lunch" and had a little anxiety as we pulled in to the parking lot of the hospital even though we have never been there before. I told him no shots. I was right and they actually did nothing too him at all so one point in the corner for doctor's today. Tonight at dinner he says "The doctor didn't shoot me". I guess to get shot you have to have someone shooting at you right?

Another funny scene - I am plagued with useless info in my head including things like old jingles from commercials, so I'm singing "a neat new spaghetti you can eat with a spoon...uh oh spaghetti-O's" over and over again (like it is in your head now) and Akins says "I want to swing" so I say "okay go ahead" he runs outside and a couple of seconds returns and says "Mommy, Mommy, uh oh spaghetti-O's.

Then the final one. Akins likes things spicy and refers to them as "pepa (pepper) hot". He also only ever wants chicken and periodically we try to sneak something else in on him. Lorea tried sneaking in some fish sticks in the place of chicken fingers for which he loves to dip in ranch dressing. She had made up a dip of tartar with some tapatio or tabasco in it. He said he wanted some in his sauce so she put it in his too. About half way through the meal he's complaining about the "pepa hot" and so she offers her dip to him, which is clearly much hotter and he makes the biggest frown and points at the two dipping dishes and says "pepa, pepa, pepa, pepa". Ya'can't trick the boy!

No comments: