Thursday, June 19, 2008

New carpet

Over the weekend we went carpet shopping and who would think carpet would rock a kid's world so much. He loved the idea of it but really wanted PINK carpet. We had to pry to pink carpet sample out of his hands. I promised he could have pink flowers in a vase if he let us put a better color in his room. Finally, he conceded. But, all of this carpet business lead to a very heavy day. Grandma was present for the first time to see a true melt down. After an hour of flipping out things finally settled again and so I have bought a half a dozen books and now I read and read trying to come to terms with his demons and anxiety drivers. I have to travel next week four 4 days - not good as this to ramps up the stress. So, as I learn I will share. I know at times others considering adoption read this blog and perhaps what I learn can help someone else. It's a new week and things are pretty calm. The new carpet is in and we are settling back in - the biggest stress now is he is certain all of his stuff is missing. Of course it is not but if he can not find it lickety split then things get a little undone.

No comments: