Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Pause between posts explained.

All you faithful readers sorry for the long delay. So here's the deal. There are really two reasons for the lapse in frequent posts. First, it seems the longer Akins has been home the more challenging he becomes. Hopefully, this is not a reflection of our parenting style or skills. I can assure you it is the opposite of what I would have expected. If one had asked me what to expect I would have said big problems up front then upon settling and feeling safe fewer in frequency and magnitude. On the contrary, it seems he has more issues with time and so this requires more attention and patience from us. The second reason is we went on the first trip since just after he came home with a quick 5 days to California to finally meet Lorea's family. I have lots to share from Knott's Berry Farm and the beach, etc. that I hope to post maybe tonight (depending on how bedtime goes) or at least this weekend. Thanks for you patience and hang in there I promise more to come.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm still checking in! Glad for the update. Hang in there! Sally

Richardson Family said...

The trip may be another reason for challenges, out of routine, meeting new people, all recipes for acting out!

Unknown said...

I hope our first trip doesn't bring trouble, but I'm guessing there will at least be some of that. I'm glad that Lorea got to show off Akins to her family! The end of the school year might be contributing as well - more unknowns about summer and what it might mean.

Take it easy,

Sharon