Thursday, March 20, 2008

Grandma's knee surgery

Today Grandma is in surgery - so I am posting while waiting for the procedure to conclude. Yesterday, Akins said "what are they going to do"? I said "well, they are going to cut her knee open take out the old knee chunk it in the trash (his term) and then put a new one in and sew it back up". He says "I want to see it". "Uh - I don't think so".

Okay, another funny story.

I was trying to explain what Easter is really about - not the whole Easter bunny thing with candy and all but Christ rising from the dead and all that stuff. So, I tell him many people believe that Jesus was the son of God. He says "Where is he? I want to see him"? Yeah bud so do a whole bunch of other people!

So then I try to explain Heaven and that this is the place people who believe in Jesus go when they die and that it is good there, everyone is always happy and the weather is good and that it is beautiful. "Mommy, I want to die". Okay, enough of those conversations for a couple of years!

1 comment: