Saturday, March 1, 2008

Funny Things

This morning Akins comes and crawls in bed, but he forgets to close his bedroom door so Canola aka Scoobie who now sleeps in his room inside his Spiderman fort comes down the hall and gets onto the bed too. She gets easily excited so she is sniffing his feet and he says "stop picking your nose with my feet"! Okay, I'm awake now because I can't stop laughing.

There are lots of things that he says "when I get bigger I will"...

- ride your motorcycle
- ride the school bus
- drive your big truck

We were in traffic today and you know how people push up the lane that is closed and then get in front of everyone else. Lorea was getting irritated and Akins says "shove all of them in the grass". I said "Lorea wants to" and he says "do it"! Then I explain to him that the important man will come and he says "he will take Lorea to jail". Before I can say "no" a police car comes and gets onto the highway Akins says "he coming to get Lorea". I said "no, good thing she didn't push them in the grass huh"?

A week or so ago Akins was wanting me to drive really fast and again I explained that the important man will give a ticket. He says "when I get bigger I will drive fast and run away from the important man". So, imagine his surprise when I show him that cars have plates on them that can tell the important man where someone lives. He hasn't quite figured out how to out run that one.

No comments: