Thursday, December 13, 2007

Well I spoke too soon...

"So far no power issues"...wrong thing to say. The power went out at 2am Monday and came back on yesterday at about 2pm. Fun times were had by all - NOT! Being holed up with a toddler and 6 dogs not necessarily a good time. At one point the neighbors came over to get warm (we have a generator) so there were 4 adults and 4 children plus the 6 dogs in a 400 sq foot room.

Funny comments over the last few days:

"Mommy, I can eat all of the ice".
"Mommy, I don't like the ice". (statement made after falling and cutting his hand)
"Mommy, tell that man to turn my light bulbs back on". (after seeing the power crews in the neighborhood).

Here are some photos from around the neighborhood.

A tree hanging over the road on the way out of my neighborhood.

One of the neighbors yards you can barely see the house for all the trees that fell down.

A tree top split right down the middle.

The tree in our front yard after the ice is pretty much melted.

Ahhh lights on again - Akins trying to feed the reindeer ice.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Val, Lorea and Akins,

Wow, what a storm! I hate to see trees break like that and am glad that nothing came down on your house. I hope that things get back to normal for you soon!

Sharon

Nodler-Morris Zoo said...

I am just catching up on all the blogs...wow. I am glad the storm is behind you now!