Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Trials and Tribulations

For anyone considering international adoption it would only be fair to be sure and tell all the good and bad stories. It all sounds so cute right? Most of the time it is, but today was one of those really challenging times with Akins being defiant and fighting me at every request. I guess I can look for the silver lining and hope that it is because he is feeling safe and now testing me to see if I really am going to keep him forever (which I am) but while in the midst of the turbulent moments it is hard to find the shimmer of the lining. On the up side...the attorney called today and it looks like we will get a court date sometime in December and hopefully finalize the domestic part of the adoption. Then I can apply for a SSN and US passport as well as get certified US birth certificates.

Tommorrow is a new day!

No comments: