Monday, November 19, 2007

First day at a new daycare

Two weeks ago Akins daycare informed us that they were discontinuing the program for pre-schoolers. GREAT! I would have never enrolled him in that particular school had I known I was setting him up for yet another major change. They gave us a whopping two weeks to find another place. We live in podunk no where and there is only one other school in town that takes pre-schoolers and it is well uh - no way! So off we went to look at schools in Tulsa and Catoosa. After looking at about 10 of them we picked one and today was Akins first whole day. As with the original school we worked on this slowly by first taking him and showing him and then taking him for a portion of the day. It seems to have gone well! The school is bigger with more programs and it has babies which he loves. He told me today that he touched a baby on the head and he was very happy about it. He always gets really excited when he sees a baby and was very happy when he realized his new school would have babies. Unlike last time I learned something about presenting our family to a new school and so I was straight up about our family dynamics. I was pleased to see the director never even batted an eye. So, I think we are settled again...we'll see!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kids are so resilliant, why is it not contagious. Another great job Akins!
Happy Thanksgiving.
The Richardson Clan

Nodler-Morris Zoo said...

Ahhh...Akins needs a baby at his house!! Ready for round two????